Friday 21 July 2017

(pie)ce of my mind.

                                 

July 20, 2017 prompt: In 99 words (no more, no less) write a story that features a pie. You can make it any kind of pie, focus on filling or crust, or tell us about the pie-maker. How does pie set a tone in a story? Does it warm the hearth or bring disappointment?





She bought all the ingredients from HyperCity.

                                    There is no market for my emotions.


Sieving the flour, granulated-sugar, baking-powder.

                                   Sifting my anger from my failures I should take stock of   
                                  my residual expectations.


Kneaded the dough firmly.

                                 I have to shape and mould my ambitions to rise in life.


She stuffed crushed dry-fruits into the pastry and covered it.

                               My confidence needs to be upholstered to boost my image.


The oven is heated up.
                             
                              The fire in me has to be re-kindled.


The pie is baked to be devoured by family.

                             I am going to be MasterChef on television.


                                                 Image result for a lady chef

        
written for  :  Carrot Ranch Flash Fiction.  Thank you Charli Mills.


                                 


HyperCity is a supermarket chain.


No comments:

Post a Comment

please show some love......